You've found the website of the Brookfield Township Historical Society, in Brookfield, Ohio. Since February of 2004, we have worked on a rather small
scale to establish this society, and we continue to look for new projects that
serve the community.
Past projects include
- a driving tour of
historical homes and buildings, presented to the Trumbull County
- a book of photographs of the over 200 homes,
buildings and sites that are 100 years old or older in the Township;
- the creation of a museum collection, including donated books and clothing;
- the documentation of tombstones in the old sections of the Township cemetery;
- the acquisition of markers for eleven Revolutionary War soldiers' graves; and
- the erection on the Township Green of two historical markers commemorating the Township's history and its role as an Underground Railroad stop.
A history timeline is being created on the wall of the meeting room at the Administration Building.
Presently, we meet on the second Thursday of the month at 7 pm at the Briceland Funeral Home, 379 State Route 7 SE. We are still looking for a
permanent home for our growing collections and we are open to new resources and
Please join us! A membership form is available here